Monday, June 8, 2009

So I've never really had a green thumb...

I tend to kill anything that's green. However, I've kept the plant that came from my Granddaddy's house alive for quite some time, so Cliff and I figured we needed to spruce up the backyard for the summer. Cliff and good buddy Rob spent all Friday and Saturday building an arbor and hanging my swing that my sweet parents gave us. I spent all Saturday looking for plants, pots and potting soil. Thanks to Cliff's dear Aunt Muffett (for all of the many times I called her on Saturday and her guidance), we now have a beautiful backyard that we can enjoy!

A very proud Rob & Cliff


Good job boys!!


The finished product
(minus the latice on the sides and pots with jasmine or wisteria or something else...)


Still needs a cushion too!



Hydrangeas, hostas, impatiens, and creeping jenny


Marigolds


A banana plant and Knock-Out Rose


Our deck!!


Happy Summer y'all!!!
Come by for a swing anytime!!

4 comments:

Derek said...

Wow. I am both impressed and envious. I've wanted to build an arbor for a swing in our yard for a couple of years now. And your pots looks great too. We haven't been very ambitious with ours this year.

Lindsey Hoskinson said...

Ok, I totally have yard envy. Y'all's yard is SO nice! I thought ours looked bad before I saw your post, but now I REALLY know it needs some work.Haha!

Jess said...

It looks great! It came together wonderfully!

challie west said...

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes. Your backyard looks awesome! Chad and I will definitely have to come for a visit. When are you coming to Tupelo?