Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

Yesterday was such a wild day at work, so I was thrilled to have 2 huge blessings come my way! First, my daddy called right after lunch to let me know that my Auntie Dee's cancer HAS GONE AWAY!!! I am absolutely thrilled because she is one of my favorite people in this world! Lots of prayers have been answered... Please see below from a post from cousin Fran:
Auntie Dee & Fran

Oh the nerves of today. Mom had her PET scan last Thursday, June 11th, and we were to report to Dr. S's office this morning. At that point, Dr. S. would tell us what the PET scan revealed and whether or not Mom was going to undergo the last two rounds of Rituxin and Fluderabine, the first of which put her in the ER on Mother's Day, followed by a three night's stay at Baptist. Yeah, we were nervous. I wish we could have taken some of the pills pictured above. A good dose of sanity would have been nice.Mom's nurse took us back to a treatment room, so we figured the cancer was still there and settled in. Mom reminded the nurse that we haven't yet seen the results of the PET scan, so the nurse disappeared to find Dr. S, only to reappear 15 minutes later to take us to a consultation room. Soon Dr. S. came in to say Mom's PET scans were NEGATIVE. As in, NO MORE CANCER IS PREVALENT IN THE SCAN. Woot! At this point I'm going to dog-cuss the protocol of doctors today. Not the doctors themselves - they're awesome - but the bureaucracy of it makes me crazy. I understand that everybody must follow the rules and that we live in the most litigious state of America. But really. This is stuff the guy doing the scan on THURSDAY could have told us. Grr.Anyway, the negative doesn't mean that Mom is completely cancer free, and chances are very good (almost positive) that her lymphoma will come back. But for now she is free and clear and doesn't have to worry about anything cancer-related until her next PET scan in October. I think quarterly PETS are going to become a way of life, but as long as it's not chemo, Mom's happy.Thank you for all your prayers, thoughts, and support. It worked.


On top of that wonderful news, I also got some great news that my dear friend Amy is going to have a little baby!! I'm so thrilled and now that Amy and Justin will make fabulous parents. The funniest thing is that they found out on the Thursday before we saw them on Friday. I noticed that she wasn't drinking any wine at dinner but I just thought she prefered red over white. :) Shows how much intuition I have, huh?
Justin, Amy & Roux


Again, congrats to Aunt Dee Die and to Amy and Justin! Praise to the good Lord above for all of the wonderful blessings in all of our lives!!!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Aww, thanks Babe! It still hasn't sunk completely in.

And a BIG congratulations to the new parents-to-be - I know they're over the moon!!!

Good day. Makes me smile all over.

Becky Lott said...

Wow, glad I read back over that! I missed one vital sentence in that whole blog. That's how rumors get started;)So glad to hear from you even for a few minutes today!