Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th of July!

There are several reason I love July 4th...

1. We get to celebrate the independence of our country (I"m proud to be an American!)
2. We get to eat yummy food (aka - watermelon and hot dogs)
3. We get a day off work
4. Cliff and I started dating on the 4th back in 1998. I cannot believe it has been 10 years but it has definitely been fun and interesting.

Now I have a new reason to celebrate: I finished my first 5K! It wasn't my best time but I finished... I will definitely continue to run and plan to run this race every year. I hope you all had wonderful 4ths!

7 comments:

Sally and Wayne said...

Congrats KA!

Jess said...

Yay for the Watermelon 5k! I'm so happy to hear that you finished.

mary straton said...

Congrats Katy!

Ben & Meg Harris said...

wtg katy!!!

challie west said...

You GO Girl! Maybe it will get me motivated....

Becky Lott said...

wow! that's awesome, katy! i prefer the watermelon, hot dog eating part though!

Elder Family said...

Hey Katy! IT is Fran! I did not know you had a blog, I found it on Elisabeth Steele's blog. I am going to add you as a link on our blog! Take care and congrats on the race!! You go!!